Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Go Out Having Faith

Moving Forward In The Hardest Of Times
The cold is rough, but being up here in Wolf Point is insane because it can get down to -50 degrees which is just suffering. Every day I try to do what I can when I go out and work. Today is -24 (without wind chill) and I am doing what I can to stay warm, by wearing thermals, double socks, hat, scarf and a heavy Jacket. I have a task to accomplish being out serving a mission to bring others unto Christ. My father in heaven has given me an assignment to work here in freezing Montana, he never said it would be easy so I put my faith in him knowing I can complete the task given; faith does not make the task easier, just possible. The lord has asked me to serve a mission so like Nephi said "I will go and do the things, which the lord has commanded" for the lord will protect us as we have faith in him, believing that he can provide. The lord tries us (like sending us to Montana) so we will turn to him, putting forth that faith in the hardest of times. He gives us many miracles in our lives, for miracles do not produce faith but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ, may we always continually be blessed as we put forth true faith in our father in heaven.


                                

1 comment:

  1. You are so right sweetheart! You can do this and you are doing it. I am so proud of you! This IS the Lord's work and the wonderful thing is that because it is His work- He will give you the strength and wisdom to accomplish whatever He asks of you. I promise you that you will see many more miracles happen. He will bless you with knowledge and understanding you did not know you had. Thoughts/words will come to your mind and someone will say "How did you know?" and you will realize you didn't but the Lord did. He always knows what He's doing even if we don’t :). He is and always will be right- there is comfort and peace in that. Knowing we can trust Him. That we can not only believe in Him, but believe Him. I believe in you handsome. I know it has got to be incredibly hard sometimes, but I know you like a challenge. That's one of the things I love about you. One of the things I think you will see is that for a lot of people taking the "easy" way is really not that easy after all. There are strong consequences for choosing not to grow or be challenged. Water that doesn't move eventually becomes stagnant and that can happen to people too. I love you and honey and hope you are staying warm. Think warm thoughts like hot cocoa, hot showers, toasty towels from the dryer, roasty marshmallows, running in the desert...:). The good thing is winter doesn't last forever. Spring will be there before you know it. Luv u bunches and sending you big warm hugs!
    P.S. I'm going to write to you about a lady I met last night. I was going to say homeless but thats not appropriate since her situation doesnt define her. I think she was sort of an angel sent to me.

    ReplyDelete