Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Delete Keys In Our Lives


     I’ve thought a lot about the importance of staying busy, when we are working our minds are focused on productive things that build us up. Work keeps us busy and away from temptation, but thoughts might come in our mind that can distract us from our true goals, we are blessed to have "delete keys" in our lives to reinvite wholesome thoughts by inviting the spirit in our lives by saying a prayer, read the scriptures or thinking of a favorite hymn. Your mind is in charge, when some unworthy thought pushes its way into your mind; replace it with your "delete key". Worthy music is powerful and can help you control your thoughts. I’ve noticed it a lot when I choose uplifting music such as hymns; I feel a warm, comforting spirit that helps me truly want to be better. We can feel the spirit at church, but we need to take on the challenge in providing an environment that spirit can be felt daily. In D&C 88:63 the lord gives us hope saying Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. If we draw near unto the lord the blessings will pour upon us, we just need to invite him in our lives by surrounding ourselves in a spiritual environment. this does not however eliminate trials, but helps us get though them President Dieter F. Uchtdorf explains it perfectly, along the way we experience more bitter trials but also more sweet spiritual growth until, ultimately, those who endured to the end will be “received into … a state of never-ending happiness. May we always have that be our goal to endure to the end, get over these earthly hardships, being faithful to the end to enjoy the many blessings of heaven.  

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love you so much. I love to read your posts because they not only inspire me, but when you testify of things that are true it resonates within my heart and somehow I feel even more connected to you. So even if your 2nd mom were the only one to ever read these I hope you know how much they and you mean to me. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete